During the middle of May, 2007, we did a fly/drive roadtrip using Denver, Colorado, as a hub. The 5-day roadtrip was 1,344 miles in length. The roadtrip report has been partitioned by day.
- Day 1 (17 slides; 87 pictures)
- Fly Phoenix to Denver. In Colorado, visit Last Chance and the towns of Brush and Ft. Morgan. Drive north through the Pawnee National Grassland into Nebraska. Visit the town of Kimball and the Scottsbluff National Monument.
- Day 2 (32 slides; 161 pictures)
- Re-visit Scottsbluff National Monument (with sunshine). Visit the town of Gering. Chimney Rock. Visit the town of Bridgeport. Courthouse and Jail Rocks. Visit the town of Alliance. Carhenge. Drive NE Hwy-2 through the Nebraska Sandhills. Drive NE Hwy-61 through Arthur County. Boot Hill. Massacre Canyon.
- Day 3 (32 slides; 186 pictures)
- Visit McCook, Nebraska. Drive US Hwy-83 into Kansas. Drive US Hwy-83 south through Kansas visiting the towns of Oberlin and Oakley. Buffalo Bill. Monument Rock. Lake Scott. Visit Garden City and Liberal (Dorothy's home). Drive west through to Oklahoma panhandle. Visit Boise City, OK. Drive north into Colorado through the Comanche National Grassland. Visit the town of Campo.
- Day 4 (36 slides; 244 pictures)
- Visit the town of Lamar and see the Petrified Wood building. Drive US Hwy-50 west to Pueblo. Fort Lyon National Cemetery. Bent's Old Fort. Visit the towns of La Junta and Fowler. Spend four hours exploring the wonderful town of Pueblo.
- Day 5 (1 webpage; 60 pictures)
- A Denny's moment. Denvers Stapleton Airport. Fly Denver to Phoenix.
Creator: Gerald D. Thurman
Created: 29 Jun 2007