During late-July of 2007, we did a fly/drive roadtrip using Denver, Colorado, as a hub. The 5-day roadtrip was 1,169 miles in length. This roadtrip report has been partitioned by day.
- Day 1 (14 slides; 64 pictures)
- Fly Phoenix to Denver. Drive to Estes Park (Stanly Hotel). Visit Rocky Mountain National Park. Drive US Hwy-40 to Steamboat Springs for night one.
- Day 2 (17 slides; 71 pictures)
- Drive US Hwy-40 west to Dinosaur National Monument. Stop at the Yampa River State Park and drive the Twelvemile Gulch Road. Drive CO Hwy-139 (part of the Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway) from Rangely south to Fruita for night two.
- Day 3 (22 slides; 120 pictures)
- Wander Fruita and hike Dinosaur Hill. Drive through the Colorado National Monument to Grand Junction. Drive US Hwy-50 east from Grand Junction to Canon City. The murals of Delta. Visit the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Cimarron Curecanti National Recreational Area. Night three in Canon City.
- Day 4 (37 slides; 139 pictures)
- Wander Canon City. Visit the Royal Gorge. Drive the Gold Belt Scenic Byway to Cripple Creek. Visit Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. Drive the Pikes Peak Highway. Visit Seven Falls in Colorado Springs. Night four in Lakewood (southwest Denver).
- Day 5 (6 slides; 38 pictures)
- Visit Fort Logan National Cemetery. Drive US Hwy-40 through downtown Denver stopping at the capitol complex. Fly back to Phoenix.
Creator: Gerald Thurman
Created: 5 August 2007