TempeHiker drove to Silly Mountain for a hike to the top.
Silly Mountain is south of the Superstitions. The peak of Silly Mnt. has a trail and offers views of the Superstitions.
- parked car below (near US Hwy-60)
- Superstitions from top of Silly Mnt.
- views: northeast ... northwest ... east/northeast
We drove Goldfield Road to Lost Dutchman Road. We stopped for a Superstitions view when a litter alert was discovered. There was litter here and litter there. AzLitter.org did a two-bag litter patrol. Lots of litter was left for somebody else to pick-up.
The road was closed and the porta potty was not standing-up.
We hit the Apache Trail and heade a couple of miles east into the Tonto National Forest.
- church with Superstitions in background
- Superstitions to the south
- views: looking east ... saguaros ... lush desert ... southwest view
We returned to Tempe via Apache Junction. Bye, bye Superstitions.
Creator: Gerald D. Thurman
Created: 25 February 2007