Election 2002 is over, but sadly political signs remain standing causing visual spam and litter.
The Litter Patrol went out to pick-up litter on 06 November 2002 (the day after the election) and it immediately encountered a mass of litter caused by political signs.
- Thompson sign placed on private property without permission. [I know because I went into the church office and asked them.]
- Salmon sign on an off-ramp medium. [Cardboard on the ground is litter. Signs are not allowed in this location.]
- Salmon sign on the ground ripped in half. [Cardboard on the ground is litter.]
- Thompson flyer on the ground. [Thompson has generated a lot of litter this election season.]
- Salmon sign on an island. [Signs are not allowed on islands. This Salmon sign has attracted a lot of other litter.]
- Multiple Salmon signs illegally placed. [Visual spam times two.]
- Proof that political signs are litter. [Kraperek, Thompson, Mitchell and Devine]
All of the litter documented in the aforementioned pictures was located within a small geographical area. I can just image the litter problem that is being experienced across the entire Valley of the Sun. Political signs are nothing more than litter, litter, litter. I suspect they will continue to litter our town for many more days to come.
Created: 06 Nov 2002